Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Distractions...They're everywhere!

I know it's been a while since I've updated you all, but I have been trying to figure out some sort of study schedule. Since its summer time, I have a lot of distractions at home, and unfortunately I don't have access to a library nearby. So I came up with this hardcore study schedule, that was definitely too intense and flat out unrealistic considering my study environment. I am still on my first subject, Anatomy, which is a little discouraging but I'm trying to stay positive!

I'm also quite talented at distracting myself; yesterday I was worrying about the summer electives I was going to take....a year from now. Just thinking that far ahead and all the work that I have to do this year kind of freaked and stressed me out and there's no studying when you're freaking out...at least not for me!

Who knows, maybe studying at home is an environment that is too comfortable and relaxing, when I feel like it I can help myself to some food, the internet (which is unavoidable no matter what...so I better exercise some strict self control, real soon), and the TV, even though there's never anything good on. So I'm going to try studying at a coffee shop that's known to be nice and quiet! Hopefully this works, I am starting to worry that I won't have enough time to finish the material...Aaaah I have to stay positive =)

What are some ways you avoid distractions while studying?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment