Thursday, July 12, 2012

I finally registered for the Step 1...well kinda

I thought I needed a bit more motivation, a little push if you will; so I decided to be brave and pick a date for my step 1 and register! All along I've been aiming to take the exam at the end of December/beginning of January, so as I was filling out the online part of the application, they only had 2012 dates and therefore there was no December-January-February eligibility period. But hey, I took the risk and decided that I will take the exam at the of December, God willing! I thought the process would be super quick , but it seems to be a bit lengthy. It was also quite pricey. I knew that the exam was 700 something bucks but since I'm an international med student, I get to pay an extra $140 for international fees, oh and don't forget the $50 charge for the ECFMG certificate itself! After filling out the application and paying they give you a form to print for your school to fill out and mail to ECFMG. Your application will only be processed once they receive the documents from your school, why am I rewriting the ECFMG Website?

Anyways, long story short, since its summer, no one's available at my uni to fill out those documents, so I have to wait until August when all faculty come back.

Because I finally half-registered, I made a 3 month long study schedule and hopefully I'll kick into high gear and kick the Step 1's butt!


Until next time =)

No comments:

Post a Comment