Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Ramadan Mubarak!

Well it's been a little less than a week into the holy month of Ramadan, where Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset, so Ramadan Mubarak! I knew that I'd have to find a way to manage USMLE studying during Ramadan and let me tell you, it is not easy. With the night time being super short, and day super long, it's hard to function like a normal human being let alone study for hours and hours without sustenance. Have I figured out the best way to study during Ramadan? No....it's still a work in progress, still going through that trial and error phase!
  • I've tried staying up all night and sleeping during the day time, but I've realized that I don't really wake up with much energy, making it counterproductive. 
  • So I tried sleeping at night, from 10:30ish to about 3:15 am (gotta wake up to eat suhoor- meal before fasting), I'd start studying by 5 am and then by about 9:30 I get sleepy again, and I cant use coffee to wake me up! So that didn't work.
  • Today I slept super early by accident, at around 9 pm and I woke up at around 1: 30 am and couldn't go back to sleep. I took it as a sign and got out of bed and to my study station. I guess I will be awake until about 4:30 am, go back to sleep until about 9 or 10 am.

Unfortunately, I'm still studying anatomy, I'm about halfway through the Kaplan book, but man the chapters take forever to finish! I wish I didn't need the videos, but I do...it better pay off :P I've rearranged my USMLE study schedule, and according to it I should be done with my first read by mid September, which makes me very happy!

I try to find motivation in the small things...or else I'd give up and that simply will not work, now will it?!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment